Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Three of Us

Just a quick update...

1. Baby: Baby Walton is now 8 weeks along, and has now grown to raspberry sized! Aww. :-) Plus, it is looking more baby-like. Have you checked out that counter on the side? See how the floating baby is actually starting to look like a baby!?!?

Also, we got to report it on the FAFSA, and that was kind of cool, because it made it feel more real... We were like "Hey government, we're having a baby!" And hopefully the government will say "Hey Waltons! Have some money for med school!"

2. Mommy: Is still feeling sick. But luckily I've worked out a new schedule with my boss that lets me work from home (in PJs! on the couch!) two afternoons per week. That seems to be helping quite a bit, and will be in effect until the morning (all-day) sickness passes.

3. Daddy: Is being a really good sport. Steve is totally on board with the weird pregnancy stuff. He's nice about not eating certain foods near me (sorry!) because I suddenly can't handle the smell of anything. He's so sweet about handling pretty much everything important, from grocery shopping to cleaning to laundry. He lets me eat crackers in bed. He feeds me. He hugs me. And the poor guy has midterms on top of that. :-/ I can't wait to get feeling better so I can get back to business!

BUT, he's also gotten an interview at Penn State, so we're all (3) floating on cloud 9! (I speak for the baby, though at this point its really just floating in amniotic fluid... ok gross, sorry...)

That's about it for us--looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: