This morning Jamie woke up at a very early hour. We had stayed up late the night before with the Sorensen's and their friends. We tried to see the ball drop at the Hyatt, except that that doesn't happen any more. Whoops.
Anyway, I digress. What I'm trying to put down, in order to excuse myself from sounding like a jerk, is that I was really tired when Jamie woke me up. It wasn't even seven yet. She really needed to go to the bathroom, and we had spoken about trying the pregnancy test this morning. She asked me if she should do it, and I said something to the effect of "sure honey, whatever you want... up to you..." and rolled over to try and go back to sleep. She got up to go the bathroom, and I had to lay there thinking, "wow. what if we are pregnant? is this how i want her to remember me acting?!"
so, needless to say, i hopped out of bed and waited by the bathroom door. she had been in there a while, and i was a bit concerned that she was awaiting the results without me, so i knocked. she opened, and had not yet been able to get the test out of foil. So, I ripped open the foil for her, and in a minute she was out with the test.
She put it down on the sink. It looked like this:
We had both been staring at it for a few seconds, stunned. We had gone through this once before, waiting for the line to show up when it never did. This was a much better feeling. We had been trying for a few months, and we finally did it!
We were sooooooooooooooo excited! We were hardly able to go back to sleep...
We have a name picked out if it's a girl, and can't think of one yet for a boy... maybe that's a sign?
Anyway, we spent the rest of the day with big smiles on our faces. We now have a secret that we can't wait to share but will hold on to for at least a month...
But,.. we are preparing...


No comments:
Post a Comment