Friday, January 11, 2008

First Doctor Appt!

I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday. It was actually kind of disappointing--all they did was have me pee in a cup (woo hoo) and tell me that yes, I definitely was pregnant. That was nice to hear, but I was expecting a little more--blood tests, a list of things not to eat, something like that. The doctor was kind of a bummer, too, so I've decided to go with a full-fledged OB for my prenatal care (especially since its the first baby). This lady I saw yesterday kind of didn't seem to know what she was talking about.

BUT!

There were some good parts! First of all, I got to ask a lot of questions that were worrying me (about what to eat, symptoms, etc.) My doctor decided to have me go in for an early ultrasound next week to make sure everything is normal. I'm having some pain/discomfort in my lower abdominal region, so she wants to make sure the baby is actually IN my uterus, and not in a fallopian tube or something. Just a precaution, but it will be nice to know.

Second, Steve couldn't come because of school--which really bummed me out--but he got out of class early, and being the sweetheart that he is, walked over to the doctors office to wait for me! It made me SOOOO happy. Unfortunately, he walked into the office just after I walked out, so I was driving down the street before I knew he was there! I had to turn around and pick him up, but it still made me so so happy. Such a sweetie. He'll be an awesome daddy. :-)

Third... we have a due date! Little baby Walton will be joining us around

September 10, 2008!!!

...which is the day after our anniversary, and the day before Steve's birthday. :-) Yay!!!

No comments: