Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Can Still See My Toes!

I know you're supposed to have lots of "growing belly" shots on a pregnancy blog, but Steve is playing a video game right now (after cleaning our apartment all day) and when I tried to take one myself (of my thus far non-existant pregnancy belly) all I got was a lot of blurry photos.

So instead, here is my photographic contribution to the blog, a view of my feet:


It's hard to imagine now that in a few months I won't be seeing so much of those tootsies. In fact, aside from the random pregnancy symptoms, its hard to believe we're on our way to having a teeny baby.

Happily, I'm not feeling nauseated yet, but I'm definitely exhausted. By evening I usually feel like I have a fever--that tingly feeling like you're about to pass out--and I zonk out by 10pm (if not earlier).

It was weird being at work today. Yesterday was mostly just Steve & I sharing our new little secret, but today I felt like I was always about to tell someone. It's so hard to keep it a secret! I'm a little worried about how we're going to keep it a secret at Em's wedding this weekend, more because we both want to share than anything else (I'm not throwing up or anything). Though there are definitely a lot more "DON'TS" in my life right now--probably can't get my nails done with Em & her bridesmaids, can't eat a bajillion things, etc--but I'm actually really excited. This is a big challenge (especially all the healthy balanced foods I have to eat!) but I'm excited to take care of our baby.

I'm just a little worried I'm going to accidentally get fat. :-)

Lots to do in the upcoming week: packing, Em's wedding, setting a first baby-doctor appointment, figuring out a meal plan... and mostly I just want to lay down and take a nice long cozy nap.

No comments: