Monday, January 28, 2008

Photo Update (and a break from my grumpiness!)

Well, hello there!Happily for everyone involved (co-workers, Steve, etc.) I actually feel pretty darn good today! Not normal, but definitely a lot better than usual. Hooray!

To celebrate, I thought a little photo-update was in order. Unfortunately, I still haven't wrangled Steve into taking a shot of me from the side, but as I'm still not really showing at all, I guess that can wait. However, I did for some reason feel compelled to take another shot of my feet, in case you were wondering if they're still there.

They are:What you can't tell from this picture (which by the way makes my hips look huge! haha) is that I'm starting to not quite fit my clothes right. Which is a little disconcerting.

Below you will find my "nightstand." We only have one, and when we set up our room it was on my side of the bed. But then I switched sides, and now I use this footstool as a nightstand. You'll see on it my "trough" (mentioned previously by Steve) in which I keep all sorts of nibbly things that I munch on to keep my tummy happy. Steve has gotten pretty used to waking up to me cuddling with my tube of Ritz crackers, nibbling away at all hours of morning and evening. Also the water which I suddenly MUST have every night at bedtime, the infamous "TMI Baby Journal" and some chips, which were the only thing I could eat one night:

Also, I'm not really having "cravings" but occasionally I will think of something that won't make me sick if I eat it. Then I beg Steve for it and he buys it even if its canteloupe and its winter and out of season. I ate the whole thing in one evening. Mmm.

Steve told me that whenever I start to feel REALLY sick I should just try to think of fun nice things about the baby so I don't feel so bad (a la "My Favorite Things). So today at lunch I sketched up some ideas for our nursery. It's hard since we don't know if its a boy or a girl yet, so I just sketched out some ideas for both.

I definitely want to make it something, and I thought a mobile might be kind of fun:

Um.. and just some more random ideas that I wanted to sketch out in case I forget them as I get pregnancy-brain. :-)


In case you are one of the few people I haven't told, our teeny baby is the size of a blueberry now!

No comments: