Well, I feel kind of like I've been beaten up by a hockey team. I am exhausted, and, sadly, seem to be showing the first distasteful signs of morning sickness--nothing horrible, but I basically never want to eat anything, ever again. Or even think about eating anything. All of a sudden I am really starting to appreciate moms and what they go through to get us into the world. This is not a piece of cake (cake, miraculously, does sound good).
Also, morning sickness is a misnomer. All-day sickness is the real truth of it. :-( Okay okay, whine whine whine. I'm done.
I had an appointment at the hospital today for an ultrasound. It's still too early to see the baby (it is about the size of a grain of rice right now) since I'm only a little less than 6 wks along, so my reason for a visit was a little more worrisome. I've been having some soreness in my abdomen, so my doctor wanted to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Steve and I felt very peaceful about it, and not worried, but there is just something very, VERY unsettling about sitting in a hospital. Luckily, Steve was a sweetheart and took off work to go with me. He makes me brave.
I'll spare you the details, but they did determine that Baby Walton is in my uterus, right where he or she belongs, and though I was promised a call from my doctor in 3 days, I'm pretty sure everything is a-ok. (Sidenote: I have never used the word "uterus" so often in my LIFE. The past week or so it seems like that's all of a sudden a part of my everyday vernacular. Not sure how I feel about that).
So... With the results in, we're probably going to be announcing our pregnancy to family tonight! What better way to spend family night?!? :-) We're going to wait until the 3 month mark (safer at that point) to tell the mass public, but it will be nice to be able to talk about it with people we're close to. So... someone besides Steve & I may even be reading this tomorrow!
Yay baby!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yeah,
We are so excited!!!!! Can't wait to see Baby Walton and yes, 9 months is a long time to wait, but so exciting!!!!
Lots of love,
MIMI
"MIMI" :)
Post a Comment