However, I did schedule our first prenatal appointment with an OB, which will be going down on February 8th. At that point, we will be about 9 weeks along. They should be able to pick up a heartbeat by then, which will be pretty cool!
The lady was really nice on the phone when I scheduled the appointment. There was, however, one awkward question when I told her I was scheduling the appointment for Jamie: "Is she a surrogate mother?" My response: "Uhhhh....... No?" Random...
Oh, they always ask for the first day of the last menstrual cycle. It's a magical date, I guess. Forever will it go down in our hearts and memories... and I was pretty proud that I knew it.
Also, I always get scared when they ask my wife's birthday, because there is always the initial... "oh, shoot, oh shoot, oh shoot..." goin' on in my head... I always remember it, but always have a panic attack right before I tell them.Anyway, at the end of the conversation, she told me 'congratulations,' and that was a lot of fun. I do feel very blessed...
Interestingly enough, nobody asks how I'm feeling. They all ask about Jamie. Fine. I won't even write how I am doing... Hmph. :-D
Jamie is doing great. She's feeling horrible, but she's doing great. She is so amazing. She goes to work eight hours a day and looks like she's about to pass out by the end of it... But she just gets up the next morning and does it all again. It's amazing.

She's having the hardest time knowing what/when to eat. Everything makes her feel queasy. She put it best the other day when she said, "It's not that things don't taste good. It's just that my gag reflex seems to be on no matter what I eat." Poor thing...
We're doing great, and we're happy to have told our family about everything... Excluding Emily and Rick, who will find out soon enough. Jessie said she would've worked it into the toast at their reception... Too bad we didn't say something sooner...
I have some of my favorite reactions from family to share, but I'm going to wait until Emily's to post the winners...


1 comment:
So how are YOU doing, Steve? You h olding up alright? Yes? I thought so. :)
Post a Comment