Saturday, January 19, 2008

To quote Han Solo...

"I... Feel... Terrible."

Yes, Steve and I unfortunately do know enough Star Wars quotes to say them to each other--and the other one always knows where its from. And we're okay with that, so stop judging.

Anyway, I feel, if possible, worse and worse. It's kind of like having the flu every day. Steve and I think of it like a pre-pay sort of deal--my body attacks me now, and once its done and I've made it through the first trimester without being a total psycho, then I finally start to show and we finally get to see the baby in an ultrasound, and suddenly we'll be like, "Oh yay! Pregnancy is fun after all!"

Really though, when I can get past the nausea, I am so excited! Steve has been an angel & is taking care of me & teeny baby very well. He calls himself "the baby's secretary," and he really is--he makes doctors appointments, gets me vitamins, handles everything around the house while I crash on the couch and try to be very still. He has created something called a "One-a-day" which is the ONE CHORE I have to do every day. Only one! Usually it is something easy, too, like put a new bag in the trashcan, or empty the dishwasher. I'm hoping to feel better pretty soon so I can start pulling my weight a little more around here.

Right now the big challenge for both of us is feeding me... I am soooo tired of eating, but I have to to keep the baby strong and healthy. The only problem is that there are only about two things at a time that sound edible, and everything else makes me want to cry (or throw up... you know. Gross).

My next doctor's appt is set for February 8th, and I'm really excited even though its going to be a lot of blood tests and other unpleasantries. But I think we get to hear the baby's heartbeat! Woo hoo!

Ok. Well its 11am. I think I may take a nap. :-)

No comments: