Monday, May 5, 2008

a Craftalicious Kind of Weekend

My mom gave us this book of cute-crafty-baby-stuff as an "IT'S A GIRL!" present a couple weeks ago, and Steve immediately flipped through and started marking things with post-it notes. This weekend was finally quiet enough for us to really dig into it and do some projects, so we hit up the fabric store Saturday, and then spent most of Sunday making stuff for our little bun.

I taught Steve how to use the sewing machine, and he picked it up really fast! He made two of these adorable little snow hats (modeled by a teddy bear as they didn't fit Steve):



Is he impressive or what? This was his FIRST TIME EVER on a sewing machine! He said he liked using it because "It makes a lot of sense." He also started working on some mittens, so this is going to be one toasty baby come winter time. :)

My project was these squishy play blocks. They took a long time (Steve did 2 hats & 1 mitten in the time it took me to do these!) but I think they came out cute in the end! Plus I was pretty thrilled that I sewed in 3 dimensions and didn't ruin anything (at least not beyond repair):

Oh, also, that little cute white thing on the left is Steve's one mitten. He has the other about halfway done, but he burnt out (after hours and hours!) and decided to save it for later. My next project is a baby sling, and Steve is thinking of making a coat to go with the hat! We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

AMD said...

oh my gosh I can't believe how cute you guys are.... I'll be coming to you for craft advice!