Friday, March 7, 2008

Pregnancy Brain

So... before Jamie gets to post her five-on-Friday, I wanted to share about our quick little appointment this morning... and why it was awesome.

First of all, Jamie is starting to feel the first effects of pregnancy brain. Some say that pregnancy brain is debatable. Such nay-sayers have obviously never been too close to a pregnant woman.

The forgetting started sometime this week, although we didn't figure it out until Monday. We had set most of our check-up appointments all the way up to July, and were given a list of different appointments. We had these printed out, but somehow our appointment on March 4th came and went without our knowledge. I guess it was partially my fault for forgetting it...

Then, this morning, we drove to her doctor's office. It wasn't until we were almost in the office did we realize that we were supposed to be at the office of her OB/GYN. Whoops.

Shoot. Now that I'm writing this, I'm realizing that I'm being just as forgetful... Without the excuse. Hmm.

Anyway, when we finally made it for the appointment, the doctor did a quick ultrasound to see how the baby was doing. It was doing fine, and we could see the heartbeat. It actually looks like a baby! No longer the indiscernible spot on the screen! Woohoo!

And my favorite part of the appointment:

Doctor: "How have you been feeling? Are you doing okay?"

Jamie: "Yeah, I feel better. I had morning sickness for a while, but I'm feeling better. But I'm starting to show a little."

Doctor: "Well that's okay. You're a little person."

I don't know why I thought that was cute, but it made me happy.

No comments: