I love that her tummy is starting to grow ever so slightly. She's actually pretty happy to wear clothes that show off her little bump. This is becoming more and more real every single day, I just love it. It really hit home for me when I was able to see little baby's fingers on the last ultrasound.
My favorite thing about Jamie feeling better? I get to cook for her again! Yesterday afternoon she started reading off recipes in Better Homes and Gardens, and she came across this one called Chicken with Lime and Avocado Salsa. It was delicious. Here's the recipe: it's quick!
chicken cutlets
olive oil
large avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, chopped
large tomato, chopped
medium red onion
jalepeno pepper
lime juice
fresh cilantro leaves
lime wedges
All you do is preheat the pan, coat the chicken with olive oil (and salt and pepper) and toss it on. It only needs to cook for a few minutes, which means the chicken needs to be a pretty thin cut.
And then, just combine everything else in a bowl. I followed the recipe, but I think it was pretty heavy on the cilantro, and you could just do it to taste (i nixed the red onion and jalepeno... not because jamie's pregnant, but cuz I'm picky).
Anyway, then the garnish just goes over the chicken. It's awesome! I actually sneaked some peaches into the recipe, which helped counteract the over-cilantro taste.
.... and Jamie liked it!!! Woohoo! It made it worth it! I even drizzled a little bit of olive oil down the empty side of her plate, Top-Chef style. It was beautiful, I have to admit. If Jamie wasn't so hungry, she might have paused to let me take a picture.
It tasted great with sauteed asparagus on the side... for me at least. Just watch out for the funny pee smell afterwards!
And then, just combine everything else in a bowl. I followed the recipe, but I think it was pretty heavy on the cilantro, and you could just do it to taste (i nixed the red onion and jalepeno... not because jamie's pregnant, but cuz I'm picky).
Anyway, then the garnish just goes over the chicken. It's awesome! I actually sneaked some peaches into the recipe, which helped counteract the over-cilantro taste.
.... and Jamie liked it!!! Woohoo! It made it worth it! I even drizzled a little bit of olive oil down the empty side of her plate, Top-Chef style. It was beautiful, I have to admit. If Jamie wasn't so hungry, she might have paused to let me take a picture.
It tasted great with sauteed asparagus on the side... for me at least. Just watch out for the funny pee smell afterwards!


No comments:
Post a Comment