I have so many ideas for my Five on Friday today that I'm having a hard time narrowing them down. Luckily, due to my huge case of pregnancy-brain, I'll probably forget most of them by the time I finish this paragraph.
I think this week's theme with be Top 5's! ***EDIT: Please note, I am not changing the "with" in the previous sentence to "will" because I think its funny that right after I wrote about pregnancy brain I FORGOT HOW TO WRITE A SENTENCE. This is proof.****
Top 5 Things I've Forgotten this Week due to "Pregnancy Brain"
5. My glasses. How do I forget these? Hello? Vision?!?!
4. My lunch--twice. I walk out of the office, down to the quad to sit in the sunshine and then, oh yeah, I need to bring some more FOOD with me. Hmm.
3. Five on Friday. Yes, it's true, Steve had to remind me (twice) to do this. Even though I made it up, and I tried to make it easy on myself by making sure Five and Friday start with the same letter.
2. Who I'm Talking To. I almost (ALMOST!) called Steve "Mom" on the phone the other day. That might not have gone over so well.
1. Half of the Groceries. Yesterday I went to the store to pick up five things. I collected them all, paid for them all, and somehow, I got all the way home with only two of them. Steve drove all the way back to the store to collect the remainder.
Top 5 Most Awkward Pregnancy Things I Have Experienced So Far
5. Nausea. Don't think nausea is awkward? Try walking through a grocery store while you're feeling intense waves of it. I really can't think of a more inappropriate place to throw up. Luckily, I somehow kept it together.
4. Super-Human Sense of Smell. Hi, I'm Jamie. I'd like to have a normal conversation while you eat that steak, but the smell of it makes me want to hurl, so I'm going to sniff lotion under a blanket until you're done eating and have thoroughly washed the dishes it was eaten from, cooked in, or sat near.
3. Tummy-rubbing. There is a very short list of people who are welcome to touch my tummy. That has not kept others from trying. Suddenly, my tummy is public domain.
2. Mood Swings. Seriously. Like where I might once have just been irritated by things, my reaction now is more seriously considering the consequences of punching the irritator right smack in the face. And then I want to cry, or I get really really happy because--we're having a baby!
1. Other People Discussing My Body AT WORK. I am not kidding. Thus far my boss (female, good thing) has commented on my breast size, and her husband has explained to me how not to get stretch marks. ...WHAT??? Also, everyone keeps pointing out that I'm small. I mean, more than usual.
Top 5 Best Things About Starting the 2nd Trimester
5. The Onset of Pregnancy Brain. Why does this make the top 5? Because it is so darn funny! I used to be totally on top of things, now I walk into a room and can't remember why I'm there, or I start a sentence and forget the end of it! It's pretty entertaining.
4. Energy. Oh my gosh. I actually cleaned the kitchen yesterday without wanting to pass out. Unless you've been pregnant or had a pregnant wife, you probably don't get what I'm talking about.
3. Starting to "Show." I can see why a lot of women wouldn't like the big tummy part of pregnancy, but I'm actually super excited about it. I LOVE that you can finally see--if you're really looking--that my tummy is changing ever so slightly.
2. The Return of Real-People Food. The nausea is finally wearing off, as is the superman sense of smell (worst superhero power EVER), which meant that last night I ate my first real, cooked-by-Steve food in a very long time. Before that I subsisted on a diet of hamburgers, oatmeal, and Turkey, Broccoli & Cheddar Lean Pockets. Hooray for chicken tacos!
1. The Cutest Sonogram Ever. We are still all giddy and happy and practically woozy about seeing that sweet little profile with the cutest nose in the world. I loved watching our baby wiggle and move--and protest getting into the position the Dr. wanted him/her in.
That was lots of fives for this friday! Woo hoo for the second trimester!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
dont worry jamie.. i think i have pregnancy brain.. and im not even pregnant haha ^^
Post a Comment