Steve is a big proponent of the Five on Friday posts. I like them because I just get to ramble. And if you scroll down and read his post about "pregnancy brain"... Well all I can say is, it's true.
So this week's theme is "By the Numbers." Here come the five.
1. Seven is the number of meals I eat in a day. Partly because I'm always starving, partly because if I don't eat this many small meals, I feel sick/dizzy/faint. Unfortunately, seven is also about equal to the number of foods that taste good and don't make me nauseous. These seven things change every week. This week it is grapes, Gouda cheese, wheat crackers (these 3 = lunch), wheat bagels, apple sauce, chocolate chip cookies, and my current dinner choice, Turkey, Brocolli & Cheese Lean Pockets. I know those don't sound like a healthy dinner, but they beat the Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger that was all I could eat last week.
2. One minute of our day today was how long we got to spend watching our little baby. I guess the Dr. was in a hurry, because she really just scanned, showed us it's head, showed us its heart, and switched the machine off. We both wanted more. I wish we had an ultrasound machine at home so I could watch the baby whenever I wanted to. : )
3. Zerohas been kind of a big number for our social life over the past few weeks. We have gone out with other couples zero times, have seen zero movies, have eaten in zero sit-down restaurants. It's also the number of times I'd been shopping until last Saturday. Now that I'm starting to get my energy (and ability to smell food AND behave like a human being at the same time) back, we've got some ground to recover, and some waffle nights to reestablish.
4. Five people so far have touched my stomach. Two if you don't count family. One if you count Krystle as being part of our family, which we basically do. And that one person is my boss. Good thing I like her.
5. Two times I've laid on the floor, very still, and tried to feel the baby move. Nothing so far, though I'm worried I wouldn't know what it felt like anyway. I'll let you know!
So there's my five for today. Also, a shout-out to all of you who comment. We're super flattered by comments, so if you want to get on our good side so we feed you waffles or so you can hold our baby when it arrives, comments are good ego-strokers. We also like cookies, television sets, and waterfront property. And I bet the baby would, too. Just saying.
;-)
Ok, well we might try to actually go to a movie (!!!) tonight, so I'd better go get ready (and arm myself with snacks).
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment