This picture has nothing to do with contractions, except that I took it last week:

Anyway it turns out weird back and ab pain IS related to pregnancy. Apparently it means things are "moving along" and this is just part of the whole contraction deal. Which can go on for days or weeks before baby actually makes her appearance. I was under the impression that something else was going to contract, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it (so far) is all about tummy clenching and this pain that feels like bad muscle cramps. At least it means we're getting closer...!
So above is last week. And here is this week. Try not to be jealous of my fabulous pj's. Steve's shirt barely covers the baby bump, and I'm sorry ladies, but you can't buy these pants just anywhere. They are vintage Old Navy, circa 1998. (I haven't grown much...) Anyway, as always, please focus on the cute belly itself and not the clothes/weird expression going on around it:

Somehow it looks even bigger in person.
And also, just to show you what a good husband & daddy Steve is, here is a picture of the delicious meal he made for us this evening in his new wok (as in "I'll stir fry you in my WOK." ...Anybody?). It's lettuce wraps, and they were very P.F. Chang-esque. Mmmm.

Also, I just did a double-take. Did anybody else notice that that baby ticker on the side is down to 2 weeks 5 days?!?! TWO WEEKS?!!? Wow!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment