First, hooray!!!:
We got to hear her heartbeat again today! I'm weighing in at a healthy 115 lbs (hey! trust me, 115lbs is a lot when you break it down by lbs/inch at my height) and our little baby is looking healthy. I did ask the doctor some questions, though, and it turns out that there are a lot of things that I just have to embrace (leg cramps, back aches) and a lot of things we won't know until practically labor (like if our little bun is going to be a 9-pounder like her daddy!).
I know you guys are photo junkies. I'm sorry. There will be more tummy pictures soon. But I've lost our camera battery. Oops. Pregnancy brain?
Second...de Nile.
As of two Sundays ago, we have officially reached the half-way point to the birth of our first baby (assuming, of course, that she feels like arriving on time). While it's gratifying--and super fun to see my little pregnant tummy becoming a bigger and bigger pregnant tummy--it also means that I can (suddenly) no longer deny the fact that I'm going to have to actually go into labor. Which seems pretty freaky.
So, rather than continue denying it, I've decided to look into it a little. A very little. Just a bit at a time. So far, not seeming like much fun. Not quite the party I envisioned. (Just kidding). Interestingly enough, being pregnant has mostly taught Steve and I that we know NOTHING about pregnancy.
Today, after spending some time reading up on the stages of delivery (there are stages?!) I also checked out the hospital we'll be delivering at. It turns out they let you choose if you want to have the baby in the hospital or in a nearby "birth center." The birth center looks cozier... But I have no idea. You can see a virtual tour of UCSD's hospital rooms/birth center rooms here: http://www.emilive.com/portals/147/tour/1915/4.html
I also started working on a "Birth Plan" today. A birth plan! With like dozens of questions! I had no idea how many decisions I would have to make. It's all been a little shocking.
If this all seems a little premature to you (namely preparing for labor at 21 weeks) you should probably know that it takes me quite a while to adjust to changes. And, um, labor seems like kind of a big one.
Pregnancy Brain Bonus:
I walked halfway into the doctor's office today carrying my lunch in a bag. Steve kindly ran it back to the car when I realized I was toting lunch around at 9:30 in the morning.
Poll Results:
The "Best Not-Going-To-Happen" Baby Name was Webbita, with 5 votes. Turokina (my personal fave) trailed closely behind with 4 votes, and James Steed had a respectable 2. Ready for the next poll? Get to voting!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment