Thursday, April 10, 2008

3D Sonogram Picture, Redux

(I just learned from Wikipedia that "redux" means "revisited." Thanks again, wikipedia.)

So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's hard for people to find our little baby girl in the 3D image. I saw it pretty quickly, but I have been looking at more than my fair share of ultrasounds lately, AND the Dr. showed us where she was. I've since had to show pretty much everyone else where she is, so for those of you who I can't show in person, I've made up these edited illustrations to help you see her.

Photo 1:
Here I've faded out everything but our baby girl's face and hand. Everything else is... I guess placenta? Or some other womb-part which is not cute. So the darker portion of this image is her face (in semi-profile, nose facing the left) with her cheek resting on her hand.


Photo 2:
Ok. So, here I've outlined and labeled her little hands and face. Those circles on her hand are her fingertips--she kind of has her fingers curled in almost in a cup. Also, she is prettier than my drawing so please don't judge based on her mommy's shoddy mouse-and-photoshop outline. :) Once you see where she is, go look at the first picture again so you can see her without red lines and labels. :)


On second look... I could have done better on her hand. Sorry. But you get the picture. If you still can't see her, don't worry. You'll see her in about 4 1/2 months. :)

2 comments:

AMD said...

Okay, this time around, I totally saw it.... cute! I am totally going to come bug you when she's born... well, and hopefully sometime before that too.

Unknown said...

How have i not checked in????? A GIRL! I KNEW it!!! YAYAYAYAYAAY! Let the shopping begin!

Also, for a 5 1/2 inch person - shes pretty dang cute! It looks like you have a good OB who knows the importance of nice ultrasound visits!

I am SO excited for you!