But first, before we get in to the meaty, juicy details of how we're going to raise our child in the first few months of its life, I have to know
Does anybody know where to get cute but um... budget-friendly maternity clothes?
Because apparently when there is a little person the size of a peach in you, your clothes stop fitting right. And I have a hunch its not going to stay peach-sized for long! So please, comment or email or something if you have ideas.
Okay, so since people are already asking us questions about how we're going to parent, I thought I would share with you some of the little items we've already discussed (and sometimes "we've discussed" means we actually did discuss it, but a lot of these are I suggested it and Steve didn't object). And some other random baby things.
So...
1. We're going to teach Baby Walton baby sign language.
I've been looking in to this--it seems cool. Its very basic, not complex like ASL or anything, but definitely a good place to start. It will let our baby communicate earlier, and it is also supposed to make them verbal earlier.
2. We agree about politics, but not about baby carriers.
I personally am VERY all about the baby sling, which looks adorable, cozy for the baby, and comfortable for me even though I'm small. Steve will have nothing to do with baby slings; he is much more interested in the sporty-yet-hip baby backpack alternative, which I personally feel would attack me and never let me free. So it seems we are at an impasse. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.
3. We're not buying baby food.
Formula, yes. Jars of baby food, no. We're actually pretty set on making our own baby food--it seems safer, healthier, and less expensive. And possibly more eco-friendly? I don't actually know that though. However, we are definitely buying disposable diapers, whatever our convictions about trees and economizing are... Yeah, there's a line.
4. We don't know where we're going to be when the baby is born...
...but we're hoping it's San Diego. At the very least, California. We're vacillating back and forth, but it looks like unless Steve gets in to his top choice, he's probably going to either defer an acceptance or take the year off to apply again.
5. We're hoping for a good night's sleep.
My cousin Crystal has this technique where she preps her babies to sleep through the night before they're born by keeping them awake all day during the last few months of pregnancy. I don't know if this actually works or if she just has exceptionally good babies, but it's definitely worth a shot. I'll let you know.
Okay, so since people are already asking us questions about how we're going to parent, I thought I would share with you some of the little items we've already discussed (and sometimes "we've discussed" means we actually did discuss it, but a lot of these are I suggested it and Steve didn't object). And some other random baby things.
So...
1. We're going to teach Baby Walton baby sign language.
I've been looking in to this--it seems cool. Its very basic, not complex like ASL or anything, but definitely a good place to start. It will let our baby communicate earlier, and it is also supposed to make them verbal earlier.
2. We agree about politics, but not about baby carriers.
I personally am VERY all about the baby sling, which looks adorable, cozy for the baby, and comfortable for me even though I'm small. Steve will have nothing to do with baby slings; he is much more interested in the sporty-yet-hip baby backpack alternative, which I personally feel would attack me and never let me free. So it seems we are at an impasse. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.
3. We're not buying baby food.
Formula, yes. Jars of baby food, no. We're actually pretty set on making our own baby food--it seems safer, healthier, and less expensive. And possibly more eco-friendly? I don't actually know that though. However, we are definitely buying disposable diapers, whatever our convictions about trees and economizing are... Yeah, there's a line.
4. We don't know where we're going to be when the baby is born...
...but we're hoping it's San Diego. At the very least, California. We're vacillating back and forth, but it looks like unless Steve gets in to his top choice, he's probably going to either defer an acceptance or take the year off to apply again.
5. We're hoping for a good night's sleep.
My cousin Crystal has this technique where she preps her babies to sleep through the night before they're born by keeping them awake all day during the last few months of pregnancy. I don't know if this actually works or if she just has exceptionally good babies, but it's definitely worth a shot. I'll let you know.


2 comments:
If you want maternity clothes that is affordable go to oldnavy.com and look at the bargain section or just go to the store and look for clearance stuff. They have nice things for cheap. I wished that i found it when i was pregnant but sadly this discovery was afterwards. Dang!
How do you keep a baby awake in utero? I must know this trick so I can train it early! My sister did babywise (youve probably heard of this book) and I swear both her girls slept through the night by 3 months. And now they dont protest naps or bedtime either! of course - they are stepford children anyway...but it might be worth a shot!
Post a Comment