Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chubby Chins

This is my new favorite picture of our Gracie bug, more recently nicknamed Chubby Chins by her daddy--because she has three of them.


In fact, our little bun has been working hard to quell the doctors' initial worries about her weight. She finally surpassed her birth weight two weeks ago, weighing in at 7lb 14oz (2 oz over her birth weight). A week later she weighed 8lb 10oz--meaning she gained almost an entire pound in a week! If you need a point of reference for how much that is, that is like if Steve gained 30 lbs in a week.

And speaking of Gracie's daddy, Steve is currently in North Carolina (Naawth Cah-liiina) for a med school interview, and that means I had my first ever night of single-parenting, though we are staying with my parents so I had emergency backup. It went pretty well considering--Gracie even let me get some sleep.

I'm so proud of Steve & so excited for him, but I miss him terribly. We're not good at being apart, and I feel very homesick for him. Gracie and I owe him some very good cuddles when he gets home.

5 comments:

KC said...

awww, precious! Congrats, Gracie, on gaining weight!

Unknown said...

oh sweet chubby chins! She is seriously adorable. hold on now, shes going to get fatter and fatter each and every day! our little chub-a-lubby doesnt even resemble herself anymore!!!

Tiffany said...

Love the chubbiness!

Designing Woman said...

I am HOMESICK for Gracie!!! I need to see her really really soon! And that is awesome about Steve i hope it goes well...yeah!

Chad and Lesha said...

I just love chubby chins. My sweet Hudson has them to... I am so happy for you guys. Love Lesha