On Saturday I went back to the doctor's, with Steve's mom, Michelle, along to help since Steve had work. As we walked into the building, Michelle holding Gracie, I said, "I bet they'll think she's yours." And indeed they did. :p
Anyway the Saturday visit was good--she'd put on just the right amount of weight, and we'll go in for a final weight check again at the end of this week. But judging by the way this little wiggle bug is eating, I think she'll be okay.
A week and a half later, we're all doing really well. Michelle went home on Monday, taking with her the last of the mommy help with the 3 am feeding, and we've thus far survived two nights on our own at home. We're both tired and figuring out our sleep schedules, but we just look over at our little Gracie bun and can't help but fall in love with her more and more every time. We love her cute cheeks, her little snores and snorts, and how her cry sounds like a giggle when she gets really into it. We love seeing her big blue eyes wide open, and finding parts of each other in her face. We love cuddling up--all three of us--and how swaddling her makes her into a little Easter egg of cuteness.
In other words, sleep schedules and other adjustments aside, we're feeling pretty darn lucky right now.


4 comments:
congradafreakilations, Jamie and Steve! I moved from San Diego, but I'll be in town one last time Fri/Sat - can I see you then?
She's so cute! I can't wait to see your cute new little family!
She is so adorable! You look like a natural! Let us know if you need any help!
congratulations, jamie! i can't believe you popped out a 7 lb. baby. best wishes on your new, wonderful adventure :)
Post a Comment