Our "nesting" phase has led to quite a few changes around the house. Mostly, we've done a better job of trying to keep things organized and cleaned (sometimes). We have bought some new pieces of furniture (I love our new bookcase thingy). We did a little bit of spring cleaning a few weeks ago, and got rid of a few bags of garbage, and a few bags for Goodwill.
Along with preparing for all this stuff, Jamie has taught me the science of the sewing machine. Jamie's mom had given us an awesome book about crafts for baby, and there were the cutest things in it that I could not make... and it bugged me. So, I learned how to use the sewing machine. As you have seen before, my first project was baby beanies. They turned out nicely, and our little cousin (first cousin once removed? or second cousin) Savannah came over, and really liked them. Her head was too big for either of them, but it was still fun to watch a little baby want to play with them!!! But anyway, one of the things I wanted to work on was a puzzle ball. So, here it is:
My next project was a fleece baby jacket:
A friend of mine from work donated to the cause of baby fashion. George and his "girl" Kai had a bunch of girl clothes lying around. Fortunately for us, Kai is a baby fashionista, as can be seen:
Apparently, there is a baby clothes company called Carter's. I don't know where I learned what the company's style looked like, but while going through the hand-me-down clothes, I would look at something and go, "Oh... That's Carter's." Jamie was surprised. Can you tell which is Carter's? Yeah, I didn't think so... Or maybe you can. Hmm.


3 comments:
Steve... I am totally impressed with your sewing expertise. Waiting for a pair of fleece pants for Jamie. I hear she only has 3 pair!
Gram
YOu had never heard of CARTERS???
Oh the difference between men and women! And yet - you defy the odds by being able to work the sewing machine. Im impressed!
omygosh the fleece jacket is soo cute!! way to go steve!! :)
Post a Comment