1. Steve Graduated!
Woo hoo for Steve, who got to walk yesterday! While we found the speeches pretty (REALLY) boring, and the weather super hot, it was a pretty cool feeling to watch him walk by in cap & gown after so many years of work. He's seriously been amazing--getting his schoolwork done before I even get home from work, working a job of his own, and making very nice grades (Provost's Honors 7 quarters running!), and I felt just so overwhelmingly proud of him (like to the point that Pomp & Circumstance made me almost break down and bawl... Really.) So proud of you, honey. : )
Almost his whole family made it down, too, (plus my parents) so it was pretty fun to all sit together and scream for him when they called his name. The weather was VERY hot, so we ended up sitting on the grass in the shade until they got to Steve's major, then we ran over to the main even to cheer him on.
2. Steve went to the ER!
Last week I got a phone call at work, in which Steve greeted me by saying something to the effect of "Don't get worried, but I think I might go somewhere." That somewhere turned out to be the ER. He sliced through his finger with one of our new (sharp!) kitchen knives and had to get stitches. I've happily dubbed this partially-severed pinky "Frankenfinger." Luckily it seems to be healing up ok, and he gets his stitches out this week.
3. Jenna & HER Steve got Married (& Gracie was in the wedding)
After many months of engagement, my friend Jenna & her fiance (also a Steve) tied the knot last week! Since I was a bridesmaid, Gracie got to attend her third wedding AND be famous in all the wedding pictures. I'm feeling just a little too self conscious to post pictures, as everyone else in the line has trim little waists in their dresses, and I am quite conspicuous being the shortest and pregnant-est. :) Yay for the newly married Hulls!
4. Glucose Tests Taste Like Hi-C Orange from McDonald's.
I had to have my glucose test on Friday (to check for gestational diabetes), which involves chugging a whole bottle of orange glucose drink, waiting an hour, and then getting your blood drawn. None of these things are fun, but I was pretty relieved that the drink--which my Dr. had warned was pretty nasty--pretty much tasted like the Hi-C I used to get with Happy Meals. We'll get the results back on that on Friday, so hopefully we're all clear!
5. Only 11 Weeks Left...
Can you believe that? Only 11 weeks until Gracie's due date! Steve & I start our labor & delivery classes tomorrow night, and we're making plans for our move up to Encinitas. Its kind of crazy, though, how much we want to get done before she comes! This month & last month have already been super busy with weddings, graduation, work, doctor stuff, etc. so I just wonder what the summer will bring. Also, my Great-Grandpa just turned 90 (we won't say great-grandma's age as ladies don't like those things publicized). I think its pretty cool that Gracie will have two Great-Great grandparents when she is born!
That's it for now! :)
P.S. Poll Results
How long will it take from the taking of this photo to when the belly button pops out?
Only days! | 0 (0%) |
A week or more... | 5 (55%) |
Another month... | 2 (22%) |
Not going to happen! | 2 (22%) |
So far, we still have an innie! We'll keep you posted...


4 comments:
The newly married Hulls think you looked quite cute as the shortest and the pregnant-est! Maybe I'll have to post a picture on my blog to show off how cute you were. PS- I'm not making this up...everyone thought so.
I like this post very much...
1. there were pictures
2. i was there for some of these events/saw them later in person
3. gracie-is MY god-baby, and i like that
4. congrats steve...wish i could have been there(at least for the end part or something)
5. we must hang out soon (we are still friends despite the fact the lost isnt on anymore)
Hi Jamie
Your mom sent me the link to your blog and I loved taking a peak at your life. Congratulations to Steve on his graduation. You are adorably pregnant but there is no more room for a baby! I know your mom is in Seattle and I want to send her a birthday greeting. Would you email her Washington address to exspud@gmail.com? Thanks, Ann Harris
congrats to Steve!
Post a Comment